Hot Mama? Hired
Jen’s Internal Conversation? OHHHH S#!&, I’m beginning to free fall!!!
I’ll admit to being more than a tad anxious with my career switch decision. I know it is healthy to feel fear when starting a new endeavor – it puts some “fire under my butt” so to speak.
One way to stop feeling discombobulated and organized? Get it out of your head and into a list.
- Create eBay store to keep extra funds coming in and help build audience. Store has been created: mosley_lifestyle. Now need to list items
- Create Etsy store to sell handmade items.
- Place wordpress plug-in for e-commerce on my site MosleyLifestyle.com
- Incorporate Mosley Lifestyle
- Find artisinal style fairs that I will be attending beginning in the summer – Anyone have good suggestions? I will be looking at Renegade style fairs.
- Visit a local Small Business Association location
- Probably the most important: build my inventory
Then I have a whole new list of personal steps
- Take care of insurance
- Figure out how to keep my 401k secure – do I keep it at Prudential? Can I keep contributing privately?
- Make a schedule that is healthy – today I walked Angel (my dog) in the morning and that felt nice. Maybe a daily walk? I’ve had a lot of personal time while commuting to the Sun-Times and I would like to keep some of that going that works for me and my family.
- Cancel non-necessary expenses. No more expensive health club, no more 2 newspapers coming to my doorstep (which will I pick – Sun-Times or Tribune?), no more Massage Envy.
- Apply for college assistance, and research grants/scholarships.